Internal Medicine is a medical specialty dealing with the long-term, comprehensive management of both common and complex medical illnesses of adolescents (age 16 and older), adults and the elderly. Dr. Warnimont is board certified in internal medicine.
Internal medicine physicians, also called internists, typically treat internal disorders such as diabetes, gastrointestinal tract problems, allergies, immune system abnormalities, stress-related disorders and many other problems.
Our practice offers the following internal medicine services:
- Provide ongoing care for those with chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension or cardiac conditions
- Treat common health problems such as allergies, infections, influenza or pneumonia
- Examine and diagnose patients using medical equipment, instruments and tests
- Prescribe and administer drugs and treatments
- Immunize patients to protect them from preventable diseases
- Perform physical exams for school, athletics and employment
- Provide routine gynecological care (including pap smears and post-menopausal care)